Sunday, April 4, 2010

From Page AZ to Zion UT


We left Page relatively early and headed out on US89 which took us over the dam in Page. Not sure if the dam created Lake Powell or merely enhanced its size but the views were glorious.


Not sure that it is where I'd like to spend my summer on a houseboat (give me Lake Eildon in Victoria) but it would be great for water skiiing.


The day's drive was through an ever changing landscape.


And then in to Zion National Park.




The next series of signs had me wondering what did people do in the area surrounding Lake Powell?!





And our friendly ranger at Zion National Park Gate.



And finally.... a family joke....
buffalo were also seen!





2 comments:

Michele said...

no cliff dwellings though?

Barb said...

Again, great photography, Celia! I don't know if I would like to be a ranger in such a desolate area. Might be scary at times!! Thanks for my day's trip today!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...