Saturday, December 8, 2007

Lunch

All I wanted was a bowl of soup but I was even more "foreign" when I was ordering my lunch yesterday. I'd slipped across to the Asian supermarket which has a great array off foodstuffs available for lunch. On other occasions I had purchased the sushi partially because it was a simple matter of pointing to the tray I wanted and also because I love it. However yesterday was a bit cooler and I felt like soup. Trying to understand what was available and what combinations one could order was fraught with difficulty.
I pointed to the wall above the cashier where items were listed but none seemed to be quite right. It didn't seem to matter how I pronounced soup or udon they didn't seem to understand. But I persisted and in about 10 minutes I had understood what was available and what it would cost. They then "whipped" it up for me and I was out of there with a pint of fantastic noodle soup. I guess they'll remember me when I go back there in about a month to order my next lunch of Asian noodle soup.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...