Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thoughts provoked on Thursday

Just when I thought I'd got the hang of the challenges Sherry comes along!

This is the first time she has challenged us and soon she it taking a class at Get It Scrapped


Her challenge went this way...

Naturally, I want to challenge you to scrap your Lemon photos. One of my favorite tricks for working with lemon photos is to balance the lemon with something sweeter. Try this trick. If you have a couple of photos from an event and a few didn't turn out as well as you had hoped. Pair that with your best picture from the event. The focus will be placed on the properly exposed photo but your flawed photos will support the story.


I was thinking this is all very well Sherry but how do I get this in my blog when I haven't created the page so scrolling through my recent photos I found some "lemons" no surprise there, but how to do as she did ..... to use a good photos to distract from the lemons and give the whole story without having created the scrapbooking page!

I uploaded my photos still in my camera which were the last ones from the road trip. And remembered the wonderful day when we saw the hummingbirds.

Our road trip back to Albuquerque took us along the Turquoise Trail and into Madrid. We were so lucky in number of ways first to see these gorgeous creatures and as it rained just as

we were leaving the town we realized we would have missed the stroll along the main street and the splendor that in the hummingbird if we had been a little bit later.

Feeders for the birds were set up under the trees and it was as I was coming out of one of the stores that I spotted the hummingbird having completely missed the bright red feeders under the trees we had walked past on our way into the store!

The reason I called these photos lemons is that they are from behind but you can get an idea of the speed of the wings and then the focus photo I thought to use to distract from the blurriness etc is this shot

The subject just did the right thing for me!


Thank you Sherry... and thank you Barb for all your comments and following of these mindless meanderings, I hope you get stuck back in to your blog soon!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I loved your blog post. It is exactly the type of photos that would work perfectly together. I hope you'll scrap a page with them soon and share with me. My email addy is sherrysteveson@gmail.com if you want to share.
Thanks so much for the class mention. Hope to see you in class. *wink*

Tamarra said...

awesome job!

scrapweaver said...

WOW amazing photo Celia! And all so perfect for the challenge!

Barb said...

Celia they certainly did do the exact thing they were meant to do. And the end one is awesome!!! He sure was a willing subject!!!

I think I am going to blog again. I was sort of horror struck when I googled my blog title and low and behold I was number one with of course a link to my blog. There I was grumbling about Kodak's online gallery!!

I realized only too well that ALL the world was able to view my blog...which of course I knew, but it made me a little gun shy.

I am considering starting it back up!

Either way, I am sure enjoying yours!!! LOL

mollie said...

I too love this blog post Celia ... love that big photo ... I'm thinking that this little hummer is a show off and just loved your camera.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...