Friday, March 14, 2008

Dogs in diapers?


If I hadn't had to post (in a mailbox) the letter with my claim for lost luggage I wouldn't have seen it- so perhaps something did come out of the mishap with my suitcase roaming the earth somewhere or is it hiding behind that big red suitcase that's not lost exactly just doesn't know where it is.
As I was walking up Broadway towards the 49th St station there they were a woman carrying a French Bulldog cradled in her arms as she jay walked back down towards 48th St. It was the flash of white of the disposable diaper that caught my eye more than anything else.
I was questioning myself about it all as I text my friends to let them know of another sight in NYC. I composed my text message on the train as I thought perhaps I'd forget about seeing them. The replies trickled in over the day.
The questions I initially asked and were added to by friends I am compiling here.
What type of dog?
Since found out it was a French bulldog by seeing one on the cover of a children's book I saw in a book fair in a school- spooky really seeing that on the same day as the dog itself but all another story.
Is this normal to have a dog wear diapers? Why did she do it? Does the the dog have some special problem? Was she taking it to the vet?

The thing that worried me me than anything was that I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me as I almost started to accept it as normal behavior. It was the way the dog was being cradled with its diaper on.

Having just done some research it is me!!! There are disposable diapers for dogs, cats and pet rabbits! Just another day in the USA I guess.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...