Saturday, February 26, 2011

From this to this

It was time to return to NYC... the day dawned sunny and coolish. The morning light was inviting..







A few shots adjusting exposure and shutter speed- finally understood that lesson!
The flight was due to leave Melbourne at 1pm but was late and so late into Sydney a real rush to the plane and the great disappointment of no upgrade so I spent the flight in an exit row and managed to get around 7 hours sleep- as I have said in the past- sleeping is one of my greater skills.
We rushed from the LAX flight to the flight to JFK.
Began to relax in the business class eat and oh darn they needed to move some passengers to enable others to board the flight so we were upgraded to first class. Yay!
Finally got home in NYC earlier than expected- at 8:30pm- 25 hours after we left home.

We went from this ...
The bird feeder in the back garden

to this...


2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my!! What a change! I have to say I probably would prefer the first rather than the later. Yet, I love the bigger cities, too. I guess you are blessed you can go back and forth between the two life styles!!

Glad you could sleep. Because of my muscle disease, I don't sleep well. I ache a lot. So I end usually sleeping about two hours in bed then two hours in a recliner, then back to bed about two hours later. I can't remember the last time I slept more than three hours straight!! LOL But I am used to it now. At least I can go right back to sleep after moving!!There is a blessing in everything!

Glad you are home safely and had what seemed like a wonderful trip. Now back to the regular grind!!

scrapweaver said...

Welcome back to the states Celia! sorry you had to leave such a lovely day behind. On to new adventures!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...