Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I just don't get it...


There are signs and posters everywhere and many I understand and can in some cases even applaud their message but this one has me puzzled. In an effort to empower women and encourage boys and men to respect them whoever put this campaign together has managed to link eating vegetables and doing homework with respecting women. I do understand what underlies the theme of it should be automatic and unquestioned but to my thinking it is a long way off the mark.
Having seen this on the way to work I pulled out my camera and photographed it then as I was walking past the phone booth I looked back to see what was on the other side and it was a poster that did exactly the opposite that is it disrespected women. I guess that was going to be a given as it was advertising after all.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...