Friday, February 1, 2008

Thanks goodness I have MY job!


Sitting working on getting my next "page" done with the scrap booking class I could hear scraping sounds. Finally realized it was the workers who are "fixing" the balconies" on the building. The work has been going on for months (about 6 at least). So I looked out my window to see what they were doing and my first reaction was "thank goodness I have MY job not theirs!" It wasn't the height so much, that's bad enough, I'm on the 37th Floor, but the cold and the work itself.
Sanding off concrete while perched in this thing that they lower themselves in. On one balcony above them there was a clamp holding something in place- my first thought "Whose head could that fall on?"
At some stage these same people will be working on getting our balcony "fixed" although it was probably these same guys who were busy sanding the neighboring balcony back in September and the building management hadn't let us know the consequence was fine cement dust throughout Sue;s bedroom and over her computer in particular.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...