Saturday, August 23, 2008

Seized!

It was time to get out o the apartment- I really felt like a walk and I desperately needed a haircut so the walk up to 57th Street and Salon Ziba was a good way to kill two birds with one stone. It has been just beautiful weather the last few days so the stroll along Broadway to 57th was very pleasant. And successful as I managed to make an appointment for my hair cut later in the day and get out in the lovely weather.


On my way back down Broadway I was passing the Belly Deli and noticed the seized sign posted on the door. Proof that Benjamin Franklin was right when he said "In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes." The Belly Deli it would appear has somewhere along the way not paid taxes and is now closed. It wasn't really a place I used or visited regularly but have on the odd occasion slipped in there for milk or tea bags. Guess I wasn't contributing enough to their income to assist them in avoiding the tax man!


The remainder of my day was spent filling in time to get to the hairdresser and then after the hairdresser chatting with Anne another AUSSIE who called in on her way home to Queens. She had arrived back yesterday so too is struggling with jet lag. After a short while she headed home and Sue decided to cook dinner.

The "barefoot chef" excelled herself really with a lovely salad and grilled fish.
Unfortunately I set the jar of peppercorns on the table instead of the pepper mill and so a major disaster when Sue tipped the jar upside down ready to grind, opened the lid and the entire content fell on her dinner. Luckily there was enough for us to dispose of most of her meal and enjoy the fruits of her labour.

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a difference this post is to ones previously. NYC seems like another world. Good to hear you made it back safely. Look forward to hearing of your adventures over there.

Anke said...

It must be hard to get used to the different temperature too, I would imagine. I hope your jet lag is getting better. Too bad about the store, it's sad but these things happen all the time

Terry said...

Too bad about that place closing.Gotta pay your taxes though. Seems like you are getting back into the swing of things.

Barb said...

Missed you! Hope your lag is getting better by today. While I have never had it, I heard it is terrible!

Hope you had a great time on your holiday. I sure did enjoy your posts!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...