Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cropping away

The Manhattan Scrapbooking Meetup often has a meetup crop on one Saturday each month at the Muhlenburg branch of the New York City Library. It starts at 10am (when the library opens) and finishes at 4pm (when the library closes.
Today I had a really productive day and got 8 pages done.
The class I am currently doing at Get it Scrapped! is about using products in different ways. I wanted to meet the challenge that Doris, the teacher, had set and managed to do it with this Titjikala layout. I didn't have enough "i's" to do the title and so used the "j" upside down and masked it with the star. I'm really pleased with the whole effect. I've been wanting to get these photos in an album and get the page right. I really love it.
The "Running David" page I'm not so happy with- the journaling I like and the title but it doesn't flow as well as I'd like so may need to do it again but I'm leaving it for now.
I was able to get some double spreads andfelt really happy with the results of them.
There were about 15 people at the crop and it was pleasant way to chat and laugh and get to know these great women better. Some of them have attended before and then others were new so it was a lovely mix.
At lunch time (my self appointed lunch break) I walked along 23rd St to the Utrecht Art store and got some supplies for the Art Journaling 102 class at get it scrapped. It starts in about two weeks. I found the fine white Sharpie marker- it is so wonderful- it glides over the paper and makes a lovely fine mark- I may just have to go back and get other colours.
I worked right through to 4pm and when I came home I found that Sue had gone to the supermarket to gett bits and pieces for the pizzas. Dale and Julia and Margie came and we had a lovely evening. I shared my pages with them, it turns out that Dale loves scrapbooking and made books with recipes for her kids. What a lovely thing to do- her grandson rang recently to say that he just cooked something from her recipe book. Each recipe in each of the books are that particular child's favourite recipes. Lovely idea.
I like the relaxed nature of our pizza nights and the ebb and flow of conversation- they are becoming a favourite part of my week.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Celia, love both LO's. Who were the boys in the first LO?

Sounds like you had a wonderfull time at the scrap.

Terry said...

WOW 8 LO's! Sounds like you had a productive day! Love both of your LO's!

Anke said...

Wow, you changed your blog, I am loving it!!!
I like both pages, they are very cute. Yeah for you to be getting all those pages done, doesn't it feel good? I am glad you are scrapping away with a fun group!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...