Monday, August 8, 2016

Prague


A quick trip in the morning to the Old Town Square and the Astrological Clock and its  mechanical performance which in the Middle Ages was considered one of the wonders of the world. 
We had time to climb the town to get a view of the glorious tiled roofs.

The Prague Astronomical Clock, which for 600 years has been one of the greatest treasures of the city, still amazes people with its procession of Apostles, moving statues and visualization of time like no other instrument in the world

I mucked up my flight booking- at least I misread Lynne's itinerary thinking we were all leaving on August 8th so I had an evening in Prague by myself. Alfons Maria Mucha, often known in English and French as Alphonse Mucha, was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, known best for his distinct style. He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, postcards, and designs.
This painting is not like his usual work but it appealed to me on my visit to the Mucha museum. 


This is more the style for which he is well known - art nouveau posters, paintings and decorative art 

Lucky for me Sharan and Peter were in town and we went to dinner with Rex and Helen at a fantastic restaurant below the Charles Bridge. This chap was one of the patrons at the next table. 




No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...