Monday, June 9, 2008

Keeping cool


It's hot outside and we have resorted to the air conditions and now it is a great temperature to be making the most of the day. What better way to beat the heat than to do a bit of scrapbooking. I'm making a valiant effort to catch up on my classes. I have finally uploaded my pages for the challenges on the Part Parts Class that I'm doing (if a tad slowly) with Debbie Hodge. I do enjoy her classes as they have so much to offer and she is an incredible thinker and is amazingly generous in that she is prepared to share so much of her work, ideas and life.

Before I could honestly get to work though I really needed to sort through stuff and managed to make an incredible mess about it. What is it about tidying up that one needs to create an amazing disarray before one actually achieves the tidy environment. I have accumulated a lot of stuff but Sue's comment that "perhaps you could postpone buying more paper until you've used some of this lot up!" shows how little she understands scrapbooking!!! I might need something at some stage for some page and one needs to be able to choose from a wide array!

Having got all the stuff sorted and bits thrown out that are junk I was able to settle to work on three different layouts. I've managed to upload them all but two of them are in the wrong spots but hopefully none will realize and will just admire the work for what it is! I'm in no danger of people finding out from here as I don't think anyone bothers to read these entries but they are good for me to think about what I've done.

I decided I could include my page about the dunes tour we did in Cape Cod. I'm quite pleased with the page as it shows not only the dunes but the parts of the dunes that make them so special.

Now all I need do is get the daily life pages done! I'm only 2 lessons behind with them and tomorrow a new page parts lesson will be out. I must be nuts but I do enjoy it all. Nothing better than slicing up a bit of paper or trimming down a photo to its most important parts.


No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...