Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gobsmacked!

Having worked hard all day with the Assistant Principals network I got back to the apartment. I usually check the mail as I arrive home and this time there was a parcel for me. I thought all my online shopping had been delivered and perhaps this was the parcel Michele had said would be arriving soon, but no it was a US postal service box.
I was even more puzzled as I only vaguely recognized the sender's name. Back in the apartment I opened it and there nestled in a cloth bag was a "Comfort Afghan". Each square of the rug has been crocheted by a different person from different place in the US and assembled by Alex Lundgren. A familiar sounding name but I just needed to investigate a little further.... and sure enough she is one of the group of wonderful women who visit, learn and share through the Debbie Hodge Get it Scrapped website and classes.
How incredibly kind, thoughtful and comforting to know that there are people... friends , who will put such care and thought into supporting others whom they don't really know. They do know that times can be difficult and they find a way to comfort and nurture you.
Thank you Alex and all those wonderful women who spent time creating their part of my Comfort Afghan Rug.

4 comments:

Terry said...

truly amazing! What a wonderful gift to receive. The people that hang at Debbie's are so thoughtful. It is a great community of women.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how nice is that!

Michele said...

How wonderful! There are acts of kindness every day!

Barb said...

That was such a wonderful thing to do. I know you will always cherish it. What a great group to care so much and want to comfort you in some way. This was truly awesome!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...