Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Santa Fe to Farmington New Mexico

We started out from Santa Fe and traveled some of the journey we did in September on our journey through "Georgia O'Keeffe Country".



The rocky out crops and the snow made for lots of photo opportunities... even if they were drive by ones.


The snow still covering the ground surprised and delighted us. We were sitting in the car wearing short sleeved shirts an indicator of the warmth outside not of the heating in the car.


 We drove along the back roads for a while and then onto the main highway as it was a bi of a distance (202 miles) between our starting point and "home" for the night.

I hadn't expected to see the number of oil rigs, small oil rigs admittedly, but oil rigs all the same.

3 comments:

Terry said...

you are on a trip again!!! Lucky you!! the photos are awesome

Barb said...

Celia! I know I am the odd ball because I hate to travel, so I love seeing all the places you go. Your story telling about them and pics are fabulous.

I love to see places but hate going in cars, planes and the like! I do of course, but don't like it. (The origin of this is still up for solving!! LOL) It isn't a fear, I just don't enjoy it! LOL So thanks for sharing all your travels!!

scrapweaver said...

had no idea you were in my old stomping grounds Celia! john is from Farmington NM. We lived there for three years and I taught out at Shiprock!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...