Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun in Vegas

What a lovely way to spend the day..... meeting online friends and their family! But even more than that to find that the friend you thought was funny, hardworking and caring online turns out to be far more than that- she's a great mother, great conversationalist and fun to be with. We met Tami and two of her boys for lunch.
Tami is a friend from the Get it Scrapped message boards. When I told her I'd be in Vegas she gave me her cell phone number and we arranged to meet up. She "warned" me that she would bring the two non school going boys... but she didn't prepare me for how gorgeous they are. Keagan was interested in things and ate his lunch without fuss so was pretty well silent the entire time.
Jude and Helen and Sue and I were entertained all through lunch by the whole crew. Tami's warmth and friendship made lunch a really happy time, Keagan kept working through his lunch (Michele you'd be pleased to see a toddler who ate!). But I have kept the joys of meeting Zach until last. He charmed us all! He had just been to the hairdresser and wasn't too sure about the "hard" spikes- he looked a treat. He and I had a great time- the restaurant gave the boys crayons and menus with mazes and puzzles on them. Zach had me doing the mazes on his lunch place mat- they were a bit hard for a 3 and a 1/2 year old . Meanwhile Keagan was eating his chicken and one of the green crayons.
We also ventured into drawing a few things on the back of the place mat and then Zach gave me his special star from the hairdresser- it got ripped in half in the process but what more could a girl want from a lunch date!Love this grin- once the cameras came out Zach was ready- obviously Tami manages to take one or two photos of the boys. Having submitted to having his photo taken Zach wanted to try to take some with my SLR which weighs a ton. The photos Zach took worked really well and... the looks on Helen's face.... and Sue's face...... show how much we enjoyed spending lunchtime with Zach.

So what if he did the typical boy thing of showing how much he likes you by trying to break your arm as he tried to wrestle your bracelet off and he managed to drop a chip in my drink but the nose to nose looking straight into the eyes trick certainly made up for any boy-germs!

Tami has posted about our lunch together too. It was just lovely to spend time with friends- we all thought that Tami is such a great mum and good friend- it was a privilege to share time with her and Zach and Keagan.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Celia this was grand! I think I had about as good a time as you all!!

Your pics were so good, Tami's, too!

It is always such fin to be able to meet up with cyber friends.

Thanks for giving me a great big smile for today.

Debbie Hodge said...

so awesome! i keep looking at the photos and re-reading your post. Love that you 2 took time to meet.

Tamarra said...

ooh your pictures are so good!!

I loved you & your crew they are such a great group I'm entirely green with envy that you all do vacations together.

Appreciate the positive spin on Zach.. 3 is definitely.. interesting :)

Michele said...

sounds like a luntime from heaven. Seriously! And a toddler who eats-- I'd like to see that!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...