Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday at home

Having had a day on Friday completely swapped around I spent the afternoon doing a page in my art journal. While we were flying back from Las Vegas I had a brilliant idea (well brilliant for me) I hadn't really found my motif for the art journal pages from my class with Dina earlier this year and my brilliant idea was to use a snow dome shape given that I have collected 100's of them . So on the plane I spent some time drawing a shape that I could use. The drawing was/ is very simple so how long can one take to draw it- with my artistic skills a very long time. However I had the outline and used it on Friday to create my first Art Journal page using the snow dome motif. I also used some of the confetti from Elton John's concert in Vegas. I felt quite inspired by the end result so yesterday spent time working on another page which I quite like but am not sure what to write on it so will wait until the right phrase enters my stratosphere so to speak and will write. I have a couple of pages in the journal that are incomplete and perhaps I'll be able to do something on them soonish.
The final page I completed this afternoon and I'm really pleased with the lightness of it and its simplicity. I wanted to put the simple thought of "Savouring the moment" because of what occurred for me this morning.
I wrote my "Celia's Sunday Soiree" entry for this week in which I was pondering about the Pete Seeger concert we went to last Sunday evening. I decided not to write a great long review of the concert but to record what I was thinking at the time which was....... how I came to be so familiar with Pete Seeger's songs. Having written about a high school friend I decided to see if I could find out anything about her... the ever reliable Google.
Once a few years ago when I was at the ATM in Footscray a woman was waiting behind me and when I turned to leave I thought "That looks like Beth". I haven't seen her since she left high school - a high school on the other side of Melbourne so the likelihood of it being her was quite slim. Needless to say I didn't say anything to this person who may have been my friend from years ago. When we were at school together she was smart and funny and generous. But one goes ones separate ways.
So in my google search I tried to find her and found that she was part of a social service organization that does great work for the homeless. She wasn't just part of it she was the CEO. I found the information on one page then checked out another report which was for last year in which there was an obituary for her. What a silly person I was not to have done something more proactive earlier and so my art journal page to "savour the moment" and make connections with those who matter to me.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So sorry about Beth. But what a great lesson you give us. Savor those moments. Listen to gentle nudgings.

Enjoyed your sahring of your art journal. Would love to do one, but I don't think I could. I think it is over me for sure!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...