Monday, May 25, 2009

Up on the roof!

Our night to celebrate Giz's end of course went really well.
We prepared cheese and nibbly things in our apartment and snacked and chatted until most people arrived and then people grabbed their glass and drinks and a plate of something and we went up on the roof. We were a tad impressed by Gabrielle's and Anne's shoes...
Sue stayed at the apartment finishing the pizza preparation and answered the door to any one who arrived after we left. Martha was the only one at that stage and as she didn't know the building Sue brought her upstairs. It was a lovely evening to be outside as it was warm enough but not too hot. We had a table large enough for all of us (10- eventually 12) to sit around. There were 3 Americans in the end and lots of Australian chatter and laughter.
The time seemed to really fly and eventually we had to leave the roof as the building guys wanted to lock it up. There were some other people from the building up on the roof too- one group was a group of about 5 guys who only had pop corn to eat so I gave them our left over pizza which they wolfed down- actually only three slices but they enjoyed it.We went back to the apartment and sat around chatting and eventually everyone drifted away at about 10:30. A lovely evening to celebrate Giz's end of her painting course. We went to her exhibition opening a few weeks ago and she is now in the process of packing up all her things and heading back to Australia.

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a lovely time you all seemed to have. Know you will miss Giz. But I am sure it was nice to share her company while you could!

Carol said...

Hello. Popping by to see your blog. What an exciting life you are living in New York. Off to read more.

Terry said...

I just think it is too cool you partying on the roof!! Must be a beautiful sight from there.

so glad you had a great weekend. Love keeping up with life in NYC.

Michele said...

I too love the shoes!!

Mary said...

What I most enjoy about your blog is that you include things like those gorgeous shoes! A shoe story ... I was giving a talk at a large special school in the northern suburbs of Melbourne about two weeks ago. I was wearing a black stretchy top and black velvet skirt with a red rose print on it. I had just arrived and was wandering around the venue setting up, distributing handouts etc., when this woman came up to me and said "Love your outfit! But I saw some shoes in Myer that would go really well with the skirt. They're Homey-Peds ... I know they're really usually clunky old fashioned shoes but these aren't ... they've got red flowere on them They'd be perfect! Go and have a look!
So I did. And as soon as I laid eyes on them, I bought them!
Emailed the school with my thanks! LOL!

Julie said...

Great place for a dinner. Loved the shoes. It has made me find my more colourful ones!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...