Wednesday, July 27, 2011

At home in Oz

Things have not eased off at all! But I have this small window of time to try to catch up on at least my blog.
The backyard in Footscray
My plan is to try to back track a little so that the trip I have just been on is documented a little.

I am currently at home in Footscray, Melbourne, Australia and trying to cope with the cold especially after the warmth of Northern Western Australia. The cold kinda seeps through you especially sitting at the computer with the chill creeping over ones legs and arms and eventually the heat making it too you from the heaters in the house.

So why am I here? Other than to catch up and be with family and friends? Some reasons are  for holidays/vacation (school summer vacation in US) other reason is to get the dreaded visa process done. You may recall the anxiety of that two years ago- the memory still lingers, so much so that I went into complete panic mode when it cam time to fill in the forms on line. But thanks to the support of friends and colleagues I managed to get that done and have arrived home from the  US Embassy confident that my passport will arrive in the post in the next few days appropriately stamped and containing my visa so that I can head back to NYC later in August.

While I am here in Victoria I will again be doing work in schools (four this time) so will have some trips around the city and the country.

So the journey continues...

1 comment:

scrapweaver said...

So glad you are doing well AND that the Visa process was more pain free. Your photos as always take my breath away and make me want to ride along in your pocket to see your views and to hear you narrate them. Someday :-) Stay peacful and warm my friend!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...