Thursday, February 7, 2008

One of those moments


They can still catch me off guard- those moments when one's fellow pedestrians either do something unexpected or appear quite out of the ordinary. I guess walking through midtown Manhattan one should expect it but then it happens and I am left smiling and shaking my head. Batman was another day and another moment however today walking to the supermarket (an ordinary thing) a man walking in the opposite direction was talking on his cell phone (unfortunately an equally ordinary thing) But just as he was about level with me he struck a type of modeling pose ever so briefly then continued on his way. It left me wondering was it part of his conversation with the person and he was demonstrating forgetting he was on the phone or did he just have that uncontrollable urge to strike a pose? I'll never know.
Just as I was in recovery mode a woman went past with two dogs on leads doing their own piece of "advanced leash plaiting". All this in the space of one city block, admittedly between avenues so a little more distance and a bit more chance for something to happen.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...