Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This early bird caught.... a flight home!


Back in NYC with the sun pouring through the windows. But it was a real early start- up at 3:45am- may as well have stayed up all night but nothing to stay up for other than the end of the Oscars.
So out the hotel door into a cab and to the airport which was crowded but relatively fast moving. Onto our plane in the very last row- feeling lucky to be on the plane.
I slept for an hour so the trip was over fairly quickly despite the "holding pattern" coming in to La Guardia.
On another occasion we flew up the island right over the sights of NYC, the image above was "snapped" from my window.
The adventure continued when we went to locate our luggage which we hadn't seen since Friday morning around 6am. Having watched the luggage handlers fling a suitcase marked fragile, on to one of the trucks as the unloaded our plane, we weren't all that confident.
In the baggage area there were bags stacked along one wall but neither Sue's nor mine. So in to the baggage office (Sue went to check our flights carousel just in case). The young man took me into a smallish back room stacked with more suitcases and I located Sue's but not mine. It turns out mine is either having a grand time in Memphis or perhaps in Chicago and missed the flight or who knows. So now I just have to hope they find the little black bag whose distinguishing features include a silver name tag, a blue makeup purse and a copy of Across the Nightingale Floor (not my copy either!)
But despair oh despair what I have realized are also in the little black case are my camera cables and re-chargers and lucky for someone (hopefully me) my dirty washing.
I am just going to have to sit tight and trust the American Airlines staff and look forward ot the moment when I am reunited with my valued treasures.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...