Sunday, February 3, 2008

Friends, Lovers, Chocolate


The next installment of our Saturday Philosophy Club, using Alexander McCall Smith's book titles as a point of reference. I'm going to run out in the next two weeks however this week did strangely reflect his choice of title only as far as the chocolate and the friends. Although I am a lover of chocolate.... but it needs to be Australian chocolate not the generic and strange stuff available in places far from that distant shore.
During the break in our third practical philosophy class I partook of the chocolate brownie- should have resisted but didn't. Julia was in LA so it was just Margie and I, we still managed to walk back through the park- Margie having walked across the park on her way to the class.
This week's discussion at philosophy centered around identifying the essential as opposed to habitual desires... The labeling of things using the word "Essential" was where I had most difficulty as air and water are essential but the work in class categorized breathing and food as habitual.I struggled a little with some aspects of that but I'm prepared to think things through over the week and next Saturday front up for more time talking about things.

My focus during part of today was on my self selected project of "photographing the wind". I set this concept for myself a while back and it occurred to me today when I returned to the "discussion" room and noticed the curtains. A perfect example of wind- love it! So have I photographed the wind or merely its effect? I prefer to think that in there in my photo is the wind.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...