Thursday, May 8, 2008

Scribblers

We had our second meeting of the Scribblers group at Julia's. I was able to write about my journey to work. With apologies to Dr Seuss.


The sun it did shine
And to work! On my way!
My briefcase in hand
As I head for Broadway

At the corner,
I paused ahead a beehive?
The closer I looked
Twas really alive!

I looked and I saw him
The man over there
It wasn't a hat
Or elaborate hair

I looked and I saw him
The Cat on the Hat
And I said to myself
"Why does he sit there like that?"

"I know it is early
And the sun is so sunny
But why is he up there
Does he know that it's funny?"

I know what to do
Send texts to my friends
And see what they think
Of these fash-nable trends

The replies came in quick
The replies came in fast
They even came in
During my evening repast.

"Now that's something to scribble!"
Julia replies
Sue just said "Hmmm"
With a roll of her eyes

Then roaring with laughter
Ann sent through a text
Said Margie "what mushrooms
Did you have with your eggs?"

Then came the reply
'bout that cat on the head
Cynthia to Sue
Well at least it's not dead!"

With my friends quick replies
The sunny day just got sunnier
And that cat on that head
Made my Wednesday much funnier!

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...