Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What do you do when you haven't finished the book?



Tonight at book club we were talking about "People of the Book". Given my recent cultural load I haven't managed to read it completely. I have been enjoying the book although following the discussion tonight I can see why in part it hasn't been as easy as I initially thought.

What is it about book clubs though that makes one feel on the edge? I am either defending my viewpoint or trying to defend the author. I find that I am at odds with most in the group at some point and then find that I am at the center of the main group at another. Odd!! perhaps not.





However the group is fun. The important things are dealt with- Peter brings the wine and we pay $5 and have booze all evening. He opens it and pours it for you- what more could you want! Well perhaps food? But that is dealt with too- we have take out delivered to Adrienne's 28th Floor apartment- a dishwasher deals with the nasty left overs like dishes and then we talk about the book and the books we have read.
And so tonight I am home replete- food, wine, conversation and my glorious painting is now hanging in the living room.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...