Saturday, July 11, 2009

A long day of variety

The day was long one- well it only had 24 hours in it as all days do but I was up and about early so I could use Mich's car. I drove her to her usually walking point in Kensington then I drove to Beaumaris to put in a day's work on some clearing out our mother's house. The process is a long way down the track thanks to all the work Andrew and Michele have done but there are still cupboards of stuff. I made pretty good in roads into the end of the kitchen cupboards, the back porch area and most of the bathroom cabinets.
Needless to say I took my camera with me to continue my Thursday efforts of capturing the city and life back in Melbourne.
I managed to "snap" the city sky line as I was traveling towards Beaumaris and my self appointed task for the day.

I needed to be back in Kensington by 3:30pm so that Sue and I could visit Annie and see her apartment before her new tenants took up residence. Lovely place on the edge of Edinburgh Gardens in Fitzroy so views of the city skyline and close to "all amenties" as the real estate agents say. Of course as it was Friday we had to toast Melbourne on Friday. Sue and I then headed back to meet Michele and Jude after their hards day's work at the hospital and the bookshop respectively.
We all then piled in to Jude's car and went into the city to have dinner before going to Bennetts Lane Jazz Club.
The show wasn't starting there until 9pm (we thought 8:30) so we went to a bar/restaurant nearby, this venue is now called Trunk but the building used to house the Ethel Neilsen Child Care Centre of which Michele had been the director .... years ago so we located the spot where her office used to be ( it is now where the cash register behind the end section of the bar is ) and then found a table (in the former three and four year olds section) and had dinner. The food was great but it's very noisy (getting old!) and on our way out Sue took a photo of us. Yes we look alike- the older we get the more alike.

We meandered along Little Lonsdale Street to Bennetts Lane and the Jazz Club where not only did the show start later than we thought it was also late! I was dog tired but did enjoy the singing, singer and the show of Yvette Johansen Michele had seen her perform elsewhere and so knew we would like it... or at least hoped we would and we did indeed. The clip of her is a tad more theatrical than she was on the night.

3 comments:

Anke said...

I love to see those everyday pics of yours, especially of the places you go. I have never seen Melbourne, so I find it really interesting. You sure get around!

Terry said...

love seeing your photos Celia! Places I have not visited so it is like being on vacation for me. Wow--your day seems to have been jam packed.

Barb said...

This was so interesting, Celia! Love the pics you share with us! And the clips are so intriguing!!! Makes me wish I was there!

You sure were a busy gal, but you make every minute count!! Go girl!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...