Thursday, July 9, 2009

Opening

I've always wanted to sat that I would "go to the opening of a handbag if it involved champagne" and on this particular occasion it did and I did!
In the morning Michele emailed information about Nicola Cerini's new store opening with the hours etc. I noticed that that evening was the official opening with champagne involved. So what could I do but email Michele back and suggest we attend.

We decided that we'd head over there arriving around 6ish and then if it was a fizzer we'd just go further down the road or head toward home and have dinner somewhere.

As the picture indicates it was far from a fizzer but did have fizzy stuff- champagne nice nibbles and lovely things to browse through.

Needless to say I bought a bag the Mom's Tote- no I am not breaking any world record news here it is just the bag is a really good size to use for work - it meets many requirements- large but not too large; waterproof for days in the snow and rain in NYC; different!; has handles and a shoulder strap and the added bonus of a change mat! Michele suggested I could place that on unsavoury seats in the subway.

So we had a lovely time chatting to Nicola whose bags we have and have admired for a long time and after our champagne and nibbles headed back to the car and off to find a place for tea along the route home.

We ended up at Citrus Mint a lovely little Thai restaurant neither of us had been to before. It was a delightful meal and lots of chat.

So now I can truly say I hae been to the opening of a handbag!

3 comments:

Bridie said...

Oooooh FABULOUS! I have now changed from "Yeah... we'd celebrate the opening of a beer can" to "I'd go to the opening of a handbag if it involved champagne" Hurrah!

Barb said...

LOL This was so cool! Love it when we are called to fess up to what we say!! LOL

It looked like a great time! Don't you just love doing things like this??

The opening of a handbag. No one will ever believe you!

Terry said...

have to say I have never attended a bag opening. Sounds like it was a first class event Celia. The Thai restaurant sounds good.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...