Thursday, July 2, 2009

At home

A week later and I am finally getting to my blog!

It is so long since I have posted I have no idea what or where I was. Hopefully over the next few days/weeks I'll be able to post about the things that I have missed during the last weeks of work in NYC.

I have spent the past week settling back into life in Footscray. This involves finding where all my things are- clothes, odds and sods of precious belongings and sorting out my new passport and now onto organizing my visa application paper work and doing the bits online. All very stressful as one is not sure if one has actually written he most appropriate answers to the questions but one can only do their best.
The best part of being at home for this length of time (nearly two months- hopefully the visa office won't make it an enforced longer stay) is the opportunity to catch up with friends slowly and leisurely. Perhaps I could begin a tally of lunches , dinners and coffee chats I've been having.
So Nick's birthday would have to count as a major meal with lots of family which was lovely, and then there was the lunch on the run with family while we started on the "clean out' of the family home ready for sale.
Coffee with Anne Marie yesterday after picking up my passport was my first coffee chat. I need to think about it all a little more to organize it in my head. I could perhaps create a data chart of meals, chats and brief encounters. Things are beginning to build up and despite the very best of intentions will eventually be frenetic just before I head back to NYC.

3 comments:

Tamarra said...

I hope the paperwork isn't long. Even though it's not close enough I like when you are on this side of the big blue

Terry said...

Nice to see you posting Celia!! Good luck with the paperwork.

Barb said...

OH Celia! So nice to see you posting. I have missed you!

Hope things will go well. Take time to breathe!!

ONe thing at a time on the paperwork!!! Good luck!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...