Saturday, July 18, 2009

A night at home

It was a chance to finally catch up properly with Sharan and Anne Marie. We had a lovely lunch at Mecca Bah and talked about all manner of things both work and play and worries and good times. We laughed and consoled and worked at supporting each other. Well they more supported me and I was there. They are such lovely, busy people and we value our friendship so much even though we may not be often together it is just lovely to be there in the moment ... friends. So wrapped up in the moment that no photos were taken but I used the art journaling class prompts at Get it Scrapped to create a page about what I did during the day.

Then the evening was spent at home with Michele... the inevitable game of scrabble and the catch up on the day. Then a tea of sausages, mashed potatoes and zucchini- everything loaded with garlic and comforting on a cool Friday evening. Michele retreated with her book to read and her thesis to edit and I set up in the kitchen to meet the challenges and prompts set by Dina Wakley in Masterful Art Journaling.

I'm loving the class and getting heaps of pages done (and posted at Get it Scrapped) and I hope to catch up on the Everyday class when I'm down at Aireys Inlet next week.

Part of Dina's class was about doing your own self portrait (using a photo as a base) the gluing on my page quite ruined it, I think the glue must be water based and wrinkled the paper but still the end product is okay.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh Celia! It is always a breath of fresh air to read your posts! I love it when you give links to pages, too. The restaurant looks great. What did you have? Some seemed too far out for me however DH would have tried them and I would have tasted his and loved it!!!

Friends like you have are worth more than anything. So glad you were there for each other.

Love your art journaling. I think your pic worked very well. The glue gave it a nice artsy look to me!

Glad you are enjoying the class.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...