Friday, July 10, 2009

Seeing it all with fresh eyes

It was a busy day ..... for someone on holidays.

Met Ian in the city for breakfast- we planned to meet at Young and Jacksons but they no longer have breakfast so after a short stroll around to De Graves Street we ended up in a lovely little cafe amidst other little cafes and had a long leisurely breakfast and catch up.
We then strolled along to the optometrists and there I picked up my new glasses. I had to tilt my head for the photo so the sides/arms of the glasses could be seen!

I left Ian and wandered back towards Flinders Street station looking at the world with fresh eyes and a camera lens....
The corner of Collins and Elizabeth Street
The train carriage.. they get far too crowded and the seats a ridiculously close together
The platform as we left the station

I headed back to Footscray and wandered through the streets to the Footscray Rotary meeting.
The corner shop on Copwer Street
A typical house (just like ours really) on Whitehall Street

Some old Row Houses often called miners' cottages although I doubt miners lived in these.

My self proclaimed photo shoot at an end as I was at the place for the Rotary meeting and was guest speaker talking about my life and work in NYC.
On the walk to the supermarket of the way home I passed this "sign of the drought" on a billboard near one of the local "watering holes" (read pub). I like the juxtaposition on the billboard content and the watering hole which only just occurred to me but more importantly I have been gathering photos of the signs of a country in drought.
It says "Every 45 seconds in the shower another bucket out of the dam."

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...