Friday, April 8, 2011

The long way home

It has seemed a long week and when Friday arrived it was most welcome. The idea that there was time to relax and make the most of things...to enjoy and savour the changing weather.
 I decided to make the most of the opportunity of only having to go a few stops to the end of the 6 line in the Bronx- one more thing of my 60 things I am working on.


Spring is in the air with some warmth and definite colour in the previously bleak surroundings.




The walk from 59th and Lex takes me across Park Avenue at some point depending on which way the lights are running I may merely cross Park Avenue but in this case I walked a long a little.
The florist near 59th Street has entered into the spirit of the flower art installation that is on Park Avenue (just been going back over my blog and found the post I did of the art installation).

The yellow-ness of it all is so cheery.

I meandered around and ended up walking along the edge of Central Park. The daffs are out but not huge plantings of things that I remember from previous years as yet but perhaps early in the coming week I'll find my way to the park and see some more flowers and signs of spring. The much photographed bridge was clearly in view from the street level.


 You really have to peer at this photo to notice it I realize but it is there.

My wandering took me along 57th Street and this wonderful planting of daffodils.

Andrew (brother) and Lynne (SIL) will miss the major blooms when they come here in June- a pity as Lynne's favourite flowers are daffodils.

Thursday night we went out for dinner with Marie and John. As there were five of us (not easy to get a cab or we'd need to take two so..) I chose to walk to and from the restaurant. It was pleasant out and it is not too arduous a walk so I enjoyed it. When I got to the corner of 48th there was this guy standing on the corner.

 
It is not unusual for people to be standing holding signs and poles with advertising for businesses but this was the first time I had seen someone with a neon sign around their neck. My immediate thought was "Aren't there enough lights in Times Square already?"

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...