Thursday, April 7, 2011

A bit wacky on Wednesday

The day didn't start out wacky but then I guess wacky isn't planned.It was an ordinary day like any other. Up early headed for the station and then lo and behold m"moustache" had struck again! Love the wackiness of this person- not sure if a man or a woman... it does seem like a boy sort of thing today and it is done with such flare. 
The MTA doesn't appreciate it much as the previous entries done by this graffiti artist (or is is a social commentator?) the ones I have posted here in the past, they have all been removed- the removal on one poster has given the man a very bad 5 o'clock shadow.



 Having snapped the shots of these fine art works I continued on my usual way to work and headed up the hill to the school I was working at and "he" was there...in all his glory...keeping the traffic flowing and managing the time for everyone- the time keeper of this part of the Bronx.
NB -the matching pattern of pants  top & clock
I managed to get a photo of him because I took pity on the school and came home- I have to make up the day some how but it was going to be an absolute waste of my time and theirs if I stayed. Thus on the way back to the train I was able to get a "decent" photo of the time keeper. Just after I crossed the intersection he lifted the clock and checked the time and announced to a driver passing by that it was almost time for him to clock off.
It took ages to get home and I completely wasted the day but managed to get a little online shopping done- spending the money I didn't earn!

1 comment:

Barb said...

This is almost like a soap opera of the moustaches!!! So funny. Someone is having fun and others are enjoying it and others hating it having to clean it up. There is even humor in all of it!! LOL

Why did you turn around and go home? I guess I missed that!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...