Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday and the week begins

All day in a school in Brooklyn.
I really liked this piece of art work- each square is one students representation of the icons of Brooklyn. Lovely colourful representation of the area.


It was a thwarted trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens- I thought I'd walk through them to the other station on the other side of the gardens- the idea that I could enjoy the beauty of spring in Brooklyn was thwarted- the gardens are closed on Mondays- darn!


It's not uncommon for such signs to be displayed in schools. Today I was in a room and a phone rang and there was little done by the teacher but a  member of staff appeared at the door having heard the phone and the teacher merely named the student who got out of their seat and headed to the door and handed over the phone.
Unlike a place where another consultant was and kids used their phones to plague the replacement teacher by setting their phone timers to ring at various times throughout the poor teachers class. The phones being only one of the things out of control in that lesson.

1 comment:

Barb said...

It is those kind of teachers we do not need. They are not teaching if they let rules like that be broken.

Even though I want to blame the kids for their behavior today, because they are old enough, most of them, to know better, I am afraid we have ourselves to blame since we have let so many things slide. But, as my Dad used to say...wait long enough and the pendulum will swing the other way.

I hope it is soon!!! LOL

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...