Thursday, March 3, 2011

He was there

I find myself keeping an eye out for the character who wears the variety of kitchen clocks hanging around his neck.

I think the fascination is with why? Why does he do it?.. and...
How much does it all cost him and how frequently does he change the outfits.

I am usually in the area on Wednesdays and as I climb the hill from the station I watch to see if he is at the intersection directing traffic. The security personnel from the nearby school don't even bother with the traffic now when he is there- he'll shout out to you to let you know it's safe to cross.
This week's outfit was a bit of a blur for me as I didn't want to appear to be staring- it seemed to have a blue theme to it. Perhaps he'll have his St Patrick's Day outfit on again this year- that event is coming up soon so I'll need to have the camera ready for the possible green hair and shamrock infested clock.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

There's something so beautiful about the composition of this picture - where the clock man sits in the frame, the flashes of blue, the pavement. I just love it.

Barb said...

Maybe someday you will get to speak to him and see why he really does this! He must love the attention!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...