Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Views of NYC

 The 1 subway line runs from South Ferry, Manhattan   to Van Cortland Park 242 St in the Bronx. On my way to work/a meeting I had to get off the train at 125- this is the only point in Manhattan where the 1 runs above ground (I think) or if I am wrong it is the southern most point at which it runs above ground. Before and after this stop it is underground and at this point it is welll and truly above ground. So many steps to get to street level.

The beauty of the station didn't escape me on the way to work so on my way home I decided to soak in the station ornamentation and the view.

Looking south

the detail on the fence/walls

the locale

the view

1 comment:

Barb said...

I can see why my son just loves NY! I find the surroundings fascinating!! Great photos!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...