Friday, March 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday on Thursday again

In an effort to catch up on March days I'm resorting to the lists assistance, actually I quite enjoy doing them and thinking differently about stuff.

1. What type of cell phone do you have and how would you rate it?
I really need to refer to it as my mobile as well as my cell phone just to keep the vernacular in my head for when I am home. It's a slippery slope... language and maintaining my Australian-ness... when i'm home i often refer to my s-mobile... however in NYC me cell phone is an i-phone and it is gorgeous...is that a rating? Not only is it purple it is filled with wondrous treasures to keep me amused and active as well as connected to people here and in Australia... oh and Brussels and anywhere else someone would care to send me a text message from or should I say from wherever someone would care to send me a text message..

2. What has been your most serious injury?
I have been incredibly lucky in my life I have not had any serious injuries, other than possibly to my heart but then that's not something to share here. In fact most of the members of my family haven't had serious injuries. Two of my brothers have had either a broken leg or major cuts on feet or hands- nasty accidents they were but the rest of us are relatively unscathed by major injuries.

3. What is one movie you hate and why?
"There's something about Mary" I found it crass and totally unfunny.

4. How many email addresses do you have?
4 as far as I can recall

5. What website do you waste the most time on?
Waste time? On a website? I spend mots of time at Get it Scrapped but none of that is wasting time... it is great fun catching up with people and artistic pursuits.
If the question is about what website is such a pain to use that you end up wasting time on it it would have to be my work one which is difficult to navigate and in general doesn't have what I want so not only do I waste time but also waste lots of emotional energy.

6. Which mexican restaurant makes the best salsa?
I have no idea- big assumption that I like salsa- margaritas yes salsa not necessarily- i don't like tomatoes all that much but do love the margaritas at the Mexican bar in Grand Central's food hall... especially for Friday night drinks- they have a real kick to them and they are half price between 4 and 6. It's great to sit there and watch the commuters arrive and take their margaritas to go... interesting to see who has a one margarita trip or a two margarita trip.

7. What is your dream car?
  I actually don't dream about cars. I don't really like driving but if I had money to buy a car and it was in Australia I really like the Chrysler PT Cruiser- I say in Australia as they drive on the correct side of the road for my driving brain.

8. If you could spend up to $100 with no strings or restrictions or guilt, what would you buy?
Ticket to a show

9. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble! And I even love to play it on computers not even on a board.

10. How often do you change your hairstyle?
Does not going to the hairdresser for quite a while and then "maintaining the length' count as changing your hairstyle? If it does every second time I got to the hairdresser I change my hairstyle- get it cut short ... don't go to the hairdresser.... maintain the length.... get it cut short...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thought it was odd you could get your drinks to go. You can't do that here. You can not even walk outside to smoke a cigarette with your drink. That takes a special license and most only have in house. At least I have been told.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...