Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finding my muse

It is possibly not the best decision in the process of getting to The Met to and looking at my favourite friends there, to also decide to walk up Park Avenue on a 90 degree plus day. However that is what I chose to do so that I could photograph all of the Nine stainless steel, multicolored sculptures of various geometric shapes will tower over Manhattan's Park Avenue in an art project by Venezuelan sculptor Rafael Barrios. The works, each weighing about 2,200 pounds and standing more than 20 feet tall, will be installed from 51st to 67th streets starting Saturday, organizers said. They'll be up until June 30. (New York Times)
St Barts garden area
They are actually from 50th St to 68th Street an easy walk and I made sure I walked on the shady side of the avenue.
I happened upon them on my walk home from 59th St the other afternoon. I posted a picture on my facebook page and it wasn't until I saw them there that I realized how surreal they look.

Putting all nine photos seemed a little excessive so just a couple...




Contemplating which doors are opening and which are closing for me... even if temporarily
Seemed to be an appropriate sign at an appropriate time
 I spent time looking at the details of things and found a couple of photos here that seemed to work well.



No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...