Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lesson learned

 Trying to take a shot of the view from my window this morning. It is interesting how one's eye can take account of shadows and light but the camera light meter struggles unless you can help it.
I wanted to get the shot of the "chick with the stick" The Statue of Liberty which was a clear as clear today be it ever so distant between the two buildings.

This was the first attempt- she's there in the distance but the shadows in the foreground...eek. So I took the next shot

Now you can see the buildings in the foreground but the Statue of Liberty and NJ in the distance is completely washed out.
So I remembered my photography lesson- use the metering and take a halfway point- set the exposure at that and took a shot...

 It worked! Not perfect but enough to serve my purposes of a snap of the view.
Wish I remembered all this when i was trying to get this shot from our balcony the other night. Not perfect at all but it was a glorious view.




No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...