Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting a cup of coffee

Things are so different most morning really but on this particular morning I was waiting for a lift to a meeting. Having made my way to the part of Brooklyn nominated my ride indicated she'd be a little late and to wait in the bagel shop across from the station. And so I did... in the process I decided I could have a coffee to keep warm and while away a little of the time. I made the mistake of asking at the counter and then was directed to the "self service" area at the back of the store.
It was one of the larger self service areas in a very little store that I have seen.

One was not short of things from which to choose.

I noticed on arrival the gate to the Gowanus Yacht Club!
I have no idea of the history nor the story of this one but it caught my eye- we were quite a long way from any yacht club that I could imagine.

3 comments:

Michele said...

It looks like the Alice Springs yacht club, they have a river at least and there is a Gowanis canal nearby

Michele said...

Oh, did you actually get a coffee from all that? Looks unappealing after your expresso machine.

Barb said...

But was the coffee any good? From the set up it looked like it could have been, but, then one never knows!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...