Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wet and windy!

That's what the weather forecast said... and it was ...

It's not easy getting photos of people scurrying by when you are on the 2nd floor looking out through grubby school windows but I tried!


I missed photographing the two people labouring in opposite directions trying to manage the wind, the rain and the brolly.

However on my way to the subway after work, the wind had died and the rain had stopped and the victims of the storm were in evidence along the street particularly in this rubbish bin! About 6 of them.


Having whipped out the trusty camera I decided I'd got the shot for the day and then I came across this poor victim in the gutter.


Along with the apples- how did they get there? I have heard of raining cats and dogs but apples?!
I have to say I think the garbage bin shot with the rejected and skinless brollies is my favourtie for the day.

... And the flower's name is Amaryllis! (see Saturday's posting) Went back to the supermarket to do the shopping for lunches this week and there were some of the lovely plants in flower so I checked the labels. Who knew when Shirl and I named a character in one of our pantomimes Amaryllis (loved the name and really matched the character) that I would have one blooming on my window sill in NYC!

2 comments:

Terry said...

looks like it was a yucky day. We had the wind--thank goodness not the rain. Love the photo of you.

Barb said...

These are great pics, Celia! Great for scrapping!! I love the trash full of umbrellas!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...