Sunday, January 24, 2010

A night out

Last night I went to the Manhattan Scrapbooking Meetup. I haven't been since before Christmas- in fact before Tighan and Pet's wedding so well over a month but I managed to make up for some of my diminished scrapbooking pages. I managed to get 8 done and they are now in their appropriate albums and all the bits from last night are put away! Gad how organized is that. Never fear I'm not posting them all!

I chose to use Debbie's sketch for layouts from last week on GIS and had been thinking- ahh I don't use ribbon- I'll make a mess of it and the pages will turn out looking ratty but I am really pleased with them. I tried ll three variations of the page- they'll be in different albums so all will be well.
The Bloomin' road
Part of our journey through Arizona on the final leg of Route 66, April 2009

I enjoyed doing the first one so much that I thought I would try the second one

Santa Fe
from our trip in August 2009 on our "way back" to NYC

Luckily Cheryl has some great punches so it's possible to make different embellishments.

The final sketch allowed me to use smaller details from the range of photos I took of the signs along the road
Neon
Some of the signs from Route 66 final leg


Today this lovely bulb is really showing all its glory. I have no idea what plant it is. Sue picked it up (bought it) in the supermarket and has been nurturing it (watering- as we have no idea what else to do!).

It was just two chunky shoots when she brought it home and now it is the most lovely thing.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Glad to see you scrapping again. I love your work!! If I id 8 pages in a week I would demand a trophy!!! But in one day? Kudos to you...and they are beautiful!!!

Terry said...

8 LO's in one day!! I am so impressed! Love that flower--I don't know what it is either but it sure is gorgeous.

scrapweaver said...

These are beautiful Celia and the bloom is divine! What a sunny spot in your home, sure to make you smile!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...