Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day spent settling in

 The journey home to family and friends is wonderful. Time spent catching up exactly where one left off, or moving along in different directions with friendships, sharing wonderful meals and times with family and the dog; managing to cope with the cold and wet; working in schools and learning so much about so many things and then one returns to one's other home NYC and there waiting for you

(sound of impending doom music)


.... THE MAIL!
It's not all mine
Oh my lordy lordy. The front desk offered to help carry it back up to the apartment but I said I could manage, which I did... just! One has to go through it all and some of the most innocuous looking things are actually really important stuff, like my new credit card.

But with grim determination I worked my way through it ...
and managed to have a sit and a sip.

The view from my couch as I sifted and sorted
The people who were to stay in the apartment with us, long story and too difficult to explain here, decided they'd book into an hotel so I got my bedroom back, yay, and got stuck into some more art journaling- I decided I needed to use the information from yesterday or lose it.

I'd already painted the backgrounds on these pages so used the collaging and other techniques.










Dinner with friends and the day was complete. It is good to be back- even though I miss home and hearth! (but not the cold :)

1 comment:

Terry said...

it's always nice to get home but I hate the mound of mail.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...