Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I wandered lonely as a cloud

Back to commuting
It wasn't so much  that I wandered I was actually going in the wrong direction on my way back from the morning's school to the subway. I chose however to enjoy the serendipitous nature of the walk.

In the morning as I was heading to the school I really enjoyed the  way in which the church spire was "underlined" by  tress. Not a vista one get easily in Manhattan- even before work I could enjoy the sight.


 After having a quick lunch in a little "piece of Paris in Brooklyn"- a patisserie/ cafe. Their chef is a Parisian who could play an extra in a French movie- he has the most extraordinarily bad teeth. I had the Monsieur Hulot baguette and a coffee- disappointing all round but will try for a smaller coffee next time I am there and hopefully get a decent on.  I digress... as i did on my way back to the subway! 


 I just loved the browstones and the day was so unpredictable- weather wise as well.  It pelted down rain at one point- fortunately I was indoors running a workshop.



Can you see Australia on the underside of this globe- perhaps PNG is easier to see?



The rain gave a lovely glistening to some of the footpaths/ sidewalks
 There were some interesting bits of "street shopping" available and then in the front of an apartment building was this pile of heavily labeled items.

I have no idea why or what the label meant other than I presume these items are not to be seen as possible "street shopping" items.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...