Friday, August 1, 2008

A short trip to Anglesea

Having decided that I should get some domestic tasks done I drove to Anglesea to pick up some of the essentials for cleaning and also have a side trip into the favourite clothing stores and to get some photos printed to scrap.
A bit of a non event really other than the purchase of the cleaning products and "the doings" for dinner.
The surfboards were the things that caught my eye as I drove in to Anglesea- more than usual- it was possibly the bright sunny day and the number of boards out on display. Driving back to Aireys Inlet the bravery or stupidity of surfers was reinforced when I stopped at a lookout and there were two surfers hoping for a wave and two others in the car park having given up I presume as they were drying off and packing their cars.
I digress.... the shopping in Anglesea was thwarted by the fact that the shops are only open on the weekend during the winter months so I had to content myself with peering in the shop windows and trying to make out what wonderful outfits I might be able to buy! I should have realised this would be the case as Michele's and my trip to Lorne last week was equally as unsuccessful with shops closed there too. The disadvantage of residing in a tourist area and trying to shop in the middle of winter.
However I was able to print some of my photos to scrapbook although I haven't been able to find any albums yet as I was unable to locate one on my journey to parts of Melbourne. Perhaps sometime over the next day or so!
Anglesea is a lovely spot but much more populous than Aireys Inlet. Their access to the beach is a lot easier than here hence the greater popularity.

I began the "Scrap Yourself" class with Debbie Hodge and did the first page of who I am now. I'm not happy with the page itself as the photo is too dark although it is one I took myself.



I have managed to adjust it on my own computer but could do it on the machine in the chemist. I'd taken the photo by resting the camera on a convenient rock and using the self-timer and then tried to find a position that would show off my whole self and Spencer too.
I uploaded the page to the gallery of Get it Scrapped but rushed getting the photo of my layout. I think it must be the cold I have that made my judgment of the whole shot to be so hopeless so it is online there and looks yucky but I have managed to get the first class completed. The problem with the photo of the layout is that it is distorted and in trying to crop it so that everyone didn't get the kitchen bench and my jumper distracting them it has become more blurred and really pale. Next time I'll do the photo in daylight hours and try not to rush!

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...