Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On the way to work?

We Sue and I were on the way to work that is. Not sure about this little fella but there he was in the woman's handbag looking very cute.
I just hope she was taking the dog to visit a park or something and not taking it to work with her.

I have seen some of the weirdest places and ways of "caring" for pets. (See Dogs in diapers and Scribblers) I can never understand why people "have" to take their dogs or cats shopping with them. OK perhaps they need to be cared for while they are out but shopping in Bloomingdales?!! Or taking the dog to lunch and sitting it on your lap while you eat lunch in midtown Manhattan- why!? My only regret when I've seen these sights is that I haven't been brave enough to take a photo!

It is actually not that uncommon to see dogs in baskets or bags on the subway. Perhaps I should start making a list of weird things seen on the subway or is that a type of oxymoron!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Celia! I am guilty of this. I would take may dog everywhere if I could. I just love her. She is like my kid and she loves to go places! DH takes her...by herself through the drive in at Mickey D's every Sunday to buy HER an Egg McMuffin. We don't eat. He gets hers and brings her back home and hand feeds it to her. She loves it...not to mention the ride to get it! Sees so many nice looking dogs on the way!!! LOL

Terry said...

Oh that dog is so cute! I love dogs but have yet to take mine everywhere. Although, they do go for rides in the car every now and then.

Anke said...

What a fun idea, to make that list. I would love to see that. It sounds like a pain to carry your dog with you all the time, mine comes to pick the kids up from school, but that's it!

Carol said...

I guess not having a dog, I don't get why people carry their dogs around.

On a similar note, the other day when DH went to the pet shop to get our fish tank water tested, a lady came in with a snake in her bag. Apparently for no reason, she just likes taking the snake with her. What the? I think I prefer people taking their dogs.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...