Friday, August 8, 2008

A different way...


The tide was out so we went a different way along the beach and home.
It all started out the same as usual the gathering of the essentials for a walk- the lead, the plastic bag, the dog, my camera and then out the gate.
While we walked along the cliff walk I got glimpses of the rock pools below and decided we would head back along under that part of the cliff and hopefully get across the rock pools all the way to the other beach.


Grand plans! First I had to get Spencer the well trained beach dog to head the opposite way was the first challenge. Then the young woman who had decided to do the same as me together with her two dogs made the challenge of keeping Spencer moving with me a bit of a problem however it was truly worth it. The rock pools were sparkling in the sunshine.
Thank goodness I brought my camera.





I got the obligatory (on my part) shot of the lighthouse and the beach but was able to get some shots of the rocks and rock pools that are usually covered with waves and sea.
Spencer did his rockpool things- trotting along and either wading or jumpig into any rockpool he came across. How can he do that and then spend the entire time he is at home lying on his bed trying to keep warm?
I guess dogs are great at living in the moment.



I got a bit nervous when waves started to make their way further across the rocks and decided that the tide had turned and given that I wasn't sure how much further around the beach was I turned back and walked back the way we had come. Perhaps if it was a warm sunny day as opposed to a warmish, sunny winter's day I may have continued.


Once we left the beach we headed back another way aiming to go near the top shops but instead we went along the side streets through the school ground and back home.

4 comments:

Michele said...

The rock pools look Great! I kept going out at the wrong time for the tide.I'm glad Spencer is enjoying himself!

Terry said...

WOW! Awesome pictures!

Barb said...

These are awesome pics, Celia! Sounds like a beautiful area. Would love to see it in person sometime!

Anke said...

Really cool, Celia, I love your pictures! I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...