Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An average day


Even when you are on holiday the washing has to be done. The difference with being at home is that I get to hang it out in the fresh air! Our clothes line here is fairly rudimentary- no hills hoist! But it is still effective.
While do the domestic chore of hanging the washing out I glanced down and there was a mushroom growing- it isn't any more as can be seen I picked it. It amazes me where it came from. I haven't seen one there before and there were no others so how did it grow there?












The clothes line is near the wood heap. We had some wood delivered before I got home and on the first day here Michele went out and stacked it in the heap. I'll probably need to get another delivery before I head back to NYC as it has been cold without the heater burning.




Michele has joined the local library which is part of the Geelong Regional Library and the mobile library visits Aireys Inlet on Tuesdays and Anglesea on Wednesday.
We have been able to borrow some books to keep us going throughout the days while we play scrabble and keep the home fires burning.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Goes to show you how ignorant I am---I had no idea it was winter there!! Cold....brrrr....at least you have a lot of wood to keep you warm.

Anke said...

Holy Cow, you have been busy posting! Life over there sounds like fun, must be nice to be with your family

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...