Saturday, July 5, 2008

Broken?

How does one photograph ones own little toe?
In the process of trying to be quiet this morning (so as not to wake sleeping guests) I walked from the dining room table into the kitchen (a very dangerous process it would appear) and "clipped" my left little toe on the corner skirting board- I have managed to break my toe. I know I'm not a nurse/doctor but over the day it has become the most purple little toe I have ever seen and it is impossible to walk without limping. So it would appear I have broken my little toe. Having broken my big toe in the past I recognize the symptoms. Cold presses hve assisted but it still ain't much better.



When I broke my big toe it was a tad more glamorous although it is difficult to find glamour in toes let alone broken toes.
I have been trying to find a way to photograph my toe but what is it about little toes - they are terribly unattractive and innately difficult to photograph. So I have a photo that is good for my resords but definitely not worth sharing.
Once during a pedicure I said to the pedicurist that my toe was not particularly lovely ad she replied "No one little toe lubbly. Mine so ugly!" I tried to be reassured but when someone's job is to give pedicures you'd try to find something decent about anything.

3 comments:

Terry said...

Celia--you broke your toe??? How painful! Are you and Craig related? LOL!!! There's not much that can be done for a broken little toe--hope it is not tooooo painful tomorrow. I hear you about feet---no matter what I do, I still think mine are ugly.

Barb said...

Oh Celia! So sorry about your toe! And you never realize how much you depend on your toes until one hurts!! It seems you touch that toe a million times in a day! Hope it heals really quickly!!!

I am disappointed in my toes for sure!! I looked them the other day and even THEY are getting wrinkled!! Is there no mercy??? LOL

Anke said...

so sorry to read about your toe, Celia, what a bummer. I know that can be painful and they don't really set toes either. In Karate I see people who just tape their toes together when they break them (not that that happens too often) Hope you will feel better soon.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...