Friday, January 4, 2013

Work and Living




It seems that I spot my word for the year everywhere with great reminders of why I have chosen it!
This time it was in an AP's office.



No the purpose of the photo taken from the bus home was not the fact that she's on a phone nor is it trying to prove how cold it is. It is in fact to show the very permanent sign on the rather bent fence. The sign has obviously been ignored as it says
"Do not lean on Fence. Do not litter". The fence is wrought iron and spiky so sitting on it isn't likely but it is just at the bus stop where there is no bus shelter. The owners have gone to great expense to engrave and weld this sign in place.






 

I have started on a year long journey with Life Book13...
Tamara LaPorte is joined by 21 incredible art teachers who are all gearing up to share their mixed media techniques, tips and tricks with YOU! Themed around self-development and healing, you'll be creating a minimum of 2 loose mixed media art journal pages per month (through a minimum of 2 lessons a month) which by the end of the year you will bind into a glorious journal (a Life Book)!
That's the blurb- I'm taking what I can from it all and it is providing me with the wherewithal to meet a numbers of goals over the year. As well as have some fun! This piece is showing my preparedness to begin the journey and my goals for the year. I called on the powers of Phoebe my Fairy Art Mother (see yesterday's post) to settle the negative self talk.
Part of the attraction too is that tow of my favourite teachers are working in this and they are Dina Wakely and Julie Fei Fan Balzer.


The class does not have the following focus...
we will use color to reclaim our 'divine spark'. We will step onto the rainbow bridge, honoring our individual struggles and restoring our connections to our own divinity by creating a sacred mixed media book page. We will explore the connections we have to color and nature as a way to represent our journey, emerging from the seeds of our conscious reality, and stepping into our beautiful 'divine' being. 

Fortunately! Although there is a little too much preciousness in some parts.... :) And Maddy thought amateur theatre was a w@#k!

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...