Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blog-tober Twenty-first

The day was a journey back to St Croix in the Virgin Islands.
This year I have been allocated work in the Virgin Islands- it seems that some people can be very lucky sometimes!
It is in total four weeks work and involves traveling to and from NYC for blocks of time. I have been back in NYC the past two weeks and flew down to St Croix today to prepare for my next week's block of time. ( Hope this clears up some confusion Barb).
 The journey was a tad adventurous again- it would have been less adventurous if i had remembered to pack my passport before I left home. Fortunately Franklin (the car service driver) was able to find an exit in New Jersey that linked straight back onto the freeway back into NYC and also fortunately I had allowed sufficient time to get to the airport and it was not rush hour so I made it back in plenty of time for my flight.
It was the first time that I have ever been comfortably seated in on the plane coming to terms with the fact that I hadn't been successful in getting an upgrade. The door was being closed on the plane and they announced my name to identify myself to the flight attendant and I was upgraded to "first class". It certainly made the journey much more comfortable.
A view from the bar
So after delays in San Juan and locating my luggage (yay it arrived this time) I made my way back to Club St Croix and finally to the bar with a G&T and a view over the pool and the palm trees.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Ah ha! Now I get it. Sounds like it could very nice. Mini vacations!! I was in a state of confusion but one to which I have become accustomed!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...