Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blog-tober Fifth

Early morning from my balcony/porch
 Back in St Croix. Back at my home away from home (NYC), away from home (Footscray).
The sign on the gate at the Lutheran church
 The journey back was a bit of a story... got on an earlier flight. Was first out of the plane area and couldn't work out how to get out of the place as no-one to follow. Eventually another person appeared to be taking the correct way so followed and passed her then I couldn't open the gate. Recovered my dignity and got into the first taxi van. He couldn't get his car started so i sat sweating away in the heat. Finally jump started and on the road and he wouldn't take directions when he drove past the turnoff. He quickly realized his mistake and turned around and went where I had indicated. He anted me to book him to take me to the airport on Saturday- I don't think so!
Looking down King Street- the main street
A day made sad by the death of Steve Jobs. What a brilliant mind and talent.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Ugh! You are having some times that want to try your soul!! LOL This area looks simply beautiful, which I suppose can ease the burdens of the day somewhat!!

I agree about Steve Jobs. What a contribution he has given to mankind. He really has changed the world.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...