Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog-tober Ninth

I am certainly back in the "big smoke"!
The day was a day of grabbing on to moments and sharing great and simple times with friends.
The street market was on in 8th Avenue I spotted that- hard to miss really- on my way to get breakfast. So what else was a gal to do but get a banana crepe and a pineapple and mango smoothie!
Friends joined me as I found my way up 8th Avenue to Columbus Circle where we had a coffee and a long chat. They left and I met up with another friend to have a picnic in Central Park. Easily organized after we shopped for food at Whole Foods.
Lovely chats sitting on a rock in the park eating and watching the baseball game and kids at a party playing on other rocks with "swords" and all manner of costumed and casually dressed folk going by.
We walked back to have an iced tea in a cafe and then went our separate ways at the subway- she to explore more me to meet up with the first lot of friends to go to see "The Ides of March"- good movie- what did he say in the end?!
Home for a home cooked meal- how different a day from that on St Croix- photos later

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a fun day! Busy but sounded like fun!! Amazing that you coordinate time as well as you do to meet up at the right times with people. I would be so concerned about being on time I probably wouldn't enjoy the day because I would be clock watching!! LOL Would love to see the pics! How long will you be gone? Like I said, I must have missed out that you were even going!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...