Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog-tober the first

 I have to get back into my blog- hopefully this time I manage to blog each day of my self appointed blog-tober- not sure if this is happening elsewhere on the blogosphere.  What better way to re-enter getting into it all than to chart my adventures in the Virgin Islands.
How lucky am I to be allocated work here.

I spent the weekend at a lovely resort with Sue who had traveled here over Rosh Hashanah and returned this morning to my "home" here for three weeks- Club St Croix. A fairly attractive "resort"- it has a kitchen in my studio room and is on the beach unfortunately the sea is hard to swim in due to seaweed and rocky patches but the pool is quite delightful despite its minimal shade.
Back in the home away from home- sorry about the unmade bed
Having arrived back at my current home I decided I needed to get my washing done and in the process enjoyed the contrast with doing my washing in NYC which involves taking my washing to the elevator and then down to the RP level into the laundry.
The view along the path to the laundry

Here it involved walking along the path outside in the 82 degree heat strolling beside the sea under the coconut palms. just before I got to the gate to the pool and laundry area a mongoose rushed through the garden bed and then as I got closed to the gate a large crab scuttled under the path. As i inserted the key in the lock of the gate a largish gecko ran up the side of the gate. The only wildlife I would encounter in my NYC laundry trip would be fellow residents.
Tie to keep savouring the moments!

1 comment:

Michele said...

WHAT a place to make doing the laundry interesting!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...